Virgil Security, Inc. provides software developers with password-free authentication, strong encryption, and verification of data, devices, and identities that is quickly and easily integrated into their products — often in just hours — with no prior cryptographic knowledge or training required.
Virgil provides this via a cloud-based service in combination with open sourced libraries that are available for desktop, embedded, mobile, and cloud / web applications with support for a wide variety of modern programming languages.
- Finalist of Red Herrings Top 100 North America
- One of regions hottest emerging companies for Cooley LLPs Capital Call DC
- TiE50 Top Start-up Winner for 2016 at TiEcon
- CEO and CTO were named as 2 of the top 40 DC-area entrepreneurs and innovators in the cyber community by Trending40.com
- Showcased at the 9th Annual Crunchies Awards as one of the most interesting, creative and successful Startup Alley exhibitors from 2015 by TechCrunch Disrupt
- Finalist for a Timmy Award as DC’s Best Tech Startup by Tech in Motion
- One of five innovative seed and growth-stage cybersecurity companies with outsized potential to transform the trillion dollar mobile space by CTIA Startup Lab
- One of the sixteen hottest up-and-coming early and seed stage technology companies in the Mid-Atlantic by the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
- One of the Southeast’s thirty-six most innovative startups by 36|86’s Village 36
- One of the ten top area startups by 36|86’s Southern Series
- One of Cybersecurity Ventures “500 Hot Cybersecurity Companies to Watch in 2015”
- Graduate of the Fall 2014 cohort of the MACH37™ cyberaccelerator program.