More than 10 years of software developement experience, primarily back-end development in telecom and e-commerce setting. Delivered more than one production system written in each of Perl/PHP/Python/Erlang.
Proven track record of open-source contributions to RabbitMQ and Erlang/OTP. Can adapt to any coding style and conventions.
Solid Linux administration skills, including(but not limited to) virtualization, containerization and Puppet automation.
I'm able to debug problems at various levels of softwarestack. I like to tinker with new programming languages and technologies, but most of all I like to design and implement software systems in such a way that it would not require me to be on call24x365 - this includes TDD, proper logging, monitoring and continuous delivery.
- Languages (proficient)Erlang, Perl, PHP, Python, Bash
- Concepts Test-driven development, Continuous integration/delivery, Scrum
- Event-driven programmingPython/twisted, Perl/POE, Perl/AnyEvent, C/poll
- Implemented protocolsHTTP, SMPP, FastCGI, MySQL, Erlang distribution
- DatabasesMySQL, PostgreSQL, CouchDB, Redis
- LinuxDebian, NixOS, deb/rpm packaging, Puppet, virtualization, containerization
- Version controlgit, svn, darcs