Do you visualize your future at NVIDIA? WE DO!
A team maintaining a large installation of Linux hosts seeks for a professional DevOps engineer
- We manage an installation of 400+ machines scattered across the globe;
- We maintain infrastructures of a number of projects run by other teams inside NVIDIA, our customers;
- We automate Linux servers deployment and configuration based on the needs and requirements of our customers;
- Among the projects that we support are:
- GeForce Experience --- the project that provides updates and graphics optimizations for NVIDIA GeForce end users all over the world;
- Internal S3-like geographically distributed file storage system;
- Fully automated testing labs with 700+ testing machines.
What you’ll be doing:
- Improve deployment procedures and software, integrate consul, docker, cloud technologies;
- Conduct systems performance analysis;
- Contribute to monitoring and reporting system;
- Configure and automatically deploy new services, convert old services to docker-based deployment;
- On-call operations support;
- Consult other teams on performance enhancements of Linux based systems.
What we need to see:
- Solid Linux administration skills;
- BS or MS in a technical specialty;
- Experience with puppet or other automated configuration tools.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Experience with at least one of the following: Go, Ruby, Lua(JIT);
- Knowledge of cloud environments, service discovery;
- Experience with NoSQL Database (Cassandra etc.) maintenance and operations;
- Experience with FAI or other OS deployment tools (kickstart etc.);
- Fluent English.
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most brilliant and talented people on the planet working for us. If you're creative and autonomous, we want to hear from you!