We’re building a great product with a top-notch team. We are a group of flexible, forward thinking, and passionate people who love tackling hard problems and never give up. We’re backed by serious VC money and are intent on building the future of financial advisor systems. If you are an entrepreneur at heart with serious skills, a willingness to move outside of your comfort zone, and the ability to create work that you’re proud of, we should talk. If you’re instead a person who always waits for instructions, are overly risk averse, or don’t take your work seriously, then maybe you’ll fit in elsewhere.
- Fintech: a platform where all of a users financial information can be viewed in a single location, provides insights into their financial health, and provides them with relevant solutions from financial institutions for their specific situation. Team is led by ex-members of Citibank and Goldman Sachs.
What you will do
- Manage a team of engineers and help them grow
- Design the project architecture
- Be responsible for technical solutions and quality of the result
- Working with product owners and management team (they are located in NY)
- Technology stacks that we use: Python 3.6, Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Spark, AWS
Qualifications - requirements
- At least 5 years' of professional Python development experience. Good knowledge of standard library.
- Experience with different Python frameworks (Django)
- Good knowledge of Postgresql or MySQL (schema planning, query optimization, some level of profiling, e.t.c)
- Understanding of OOP principles and design patterns
- Experience with RESTful API (development)
- Knowledge of network protocols
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCE, AWS
- Spoken English (you will have to communicate with product team in New York)
Qualifications - not necessary, but cool to have
- Experience in other languages - Golang, JS
- Experience in containerization tech (e.g. Docker)
- Experience in Spark, pyspark
- Very competitive salary in $
- Health & dental insurance
- Comfortable office with good local infrastructure, 2 minutes walk from Rimskaya subway station
- Best hardware & tools money can buy (top Apple stuff, big displays, height-adjustable standing/sitting desks, any accessories)
- Interesting stuff to work on and anything for professional growth (language courses, books, conferences)
- Optional business trips to New York
- Flexible working hours
- Happy Hour Thursdays - food/drinks, board games, roomscale VR with HTC Vive, e.t.c.
We are a well-funded Moscow-based Engineering Division within one of the largest venture funds in New York & Los Angeles. We have a team of talented business managers and developers who are not afraid of challenging the status quo, taking initiatives, and breaking boundaries.
In addition to this project, we have several other projects in the ramp-up phase and many more in the pipeline.