Who we are
Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We’re looking for people who get as excited about tech and our products as we do!
What you’ll do:
- Design and work on public API (https://developers.whisk.com/) which expose Whisk intelligence and used by our clients and internal products
- Design scalable solutions and architectures for underlying Whisk Data Processing and API needs.
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates.
- Make sure that systems are built to high quality standarts
Technologies we use and love:
- Google Compute Engine - for all of our infrastructure
- Kubernetes - for orchestration of stateless services
- Mysql, MongoDB, Memcached , Elasticsearch - as data stores serving specific needs and requirements
- Clickhouse - analytics workloads
- Scala - as a primary language for building backend systems.
- Twitter Stack (Finagle, Scrooge, Finatra) - for building service which communicate internally (over Thrift) or provide HTTP API (Finatra)
- Tensorflow, Pytorch - for Machine Learning
- You have previously worked in a senior role and was making key technical decisions
- High spoken level of English is a must.
- Deep expertise in Scala
- Expertise in Data Engineering will be a big advantage
- Demonstrated ability to write modular and well tested code.
- Experience with building large distributed services
- Experience with NoSQL data stores and understanding strengths/weaknesses for each of the type
Benefits of working with us:
1. Direct impact on end product
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest and Prague. You will be more than welcome to join us.