TraceAir is a 3 years old startup that is going to revolutionize the whole construction industry. We develop the software that guides earthworks phase of construction daily, considering recently captured 3D model of a site. In long-term, we dream of fully automatic construction.
We are looking for a software operation specialist who will introduce new expertise in our team. Our product team is distributed across many time zones (Irkutsk, Belgorod, Minsk, San Francisco) with the central office in Moscow. You are expected to work in the Moscow office in pair with our first admin, who is in Irkutsk, empowering the team with your skills, teaching us and learning from us.
We value leaders who can’t live with things done wrong, encourage teammates for changes, and drive these changes.
Our software is developed with JS, Node, Java, Python, C++, Github, Asana, uses third-party photogrammetry, CAD and GIS components, and is running on AWS and Azure VMs. The release deployment automation and robust operational monitoring became crucial for us, and we want you to help us with them.
- Handle support tickets from our internal users (~6 active people)
- Investigate bugs and transfer to the development team
- Operate AWS and Azure resources (~20 servers, ~50 Tb dataset)
- Deploy, operate, and monitor our proprietary software (~15 components)
- Location: Moscow (Novoslobodskaya)
- Self-driven man or woman
- Accurate tasks management
- Handle daily priority conflict: user support tickets vs. operation automation and maintenance tasks
- Teamwork experience - at least two admins + code developers
- Task tracker
- Linux Servers 3 years, e.g., Ubuntu
- AWS, 3 years, at least 5 services, e.g., S3, EC2, Cloudwatch
- Scripting, e.g., Python, Bash, Regexp
- Automated system monitoring, logs and metrics gathering, alarm rules, e.g., with AWS Cloudwatch
- GitHub - being able to commit, work with branches and pull requests
- Continues Integration or Continues Delivery - 1 year of successful daily operation in a commercial project
- Taught by a senior, i.e., was getting a feedback systematically on the day-to-day work by a higher qualified mentor
- English-adminglish - read documentation, post on public professional forums, write in corp task tracker. If you can read this you presumably are fine!
Nice to have
Aka our existing stack in addition to the requirements
- AWS: S3, EC2, SWF or Step Functions, SNS, SES, ECS, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Route53, DynamoDB
- Windows workstations administration
- AutoCAD troubleshooting
- Mongo DB
- GPU drivers setup, CUDA, OpenCL
- Photogrammetry software, e.g., Agisoft Photoscan, Pix4D, Photomod, Autodesk Recap,
- Domain knowledge: CAD, GIS, Geodesy, Construction
Some posts about us
Please reply to this post or send the CV to firstname.lastname@example.org