The Senior Java Engineer is responsible for designing, creating, and supporting web services and APIs that are used to securely retrieve data and content from databases and other services, and then securely pass that data to the front-end components; responsible for database and content repository administration; responsible for assisting in the delivery of a high-quality product that meets the quality, performance, security, availability, and privacy standards required by customers.
- Design, implement, support, and maintain RESTful web services and APIs
- Design, implement, and support databases (specifically, MySQL)
- Design, implement, and support JCR (specifically, using Jackrabbit)
- Design, implement, and support user directories using OpenLDAP
- Work collaboratively with other teams (front end development, Quality Assurance, UX/UI Design, etc.)
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner that supports corporate goals of security, availability, and privacy.
- 7+ years of experience using Java technologies.
- Strong object oriented analysis and design skills
- Solid experience with Hibernate
- Solid experience with Spring IOC, AOP, TX, Security and Jersey.
- Solid experience with relational databases including MySQL and MS SQL Server
- Experience with RESTful web services using JSON
- Experience working with Agile methodologies, in a Scrum environment
- Experience with Configuration Management tools, specifically Git, JIRA, and Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written English)
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work in deadline driven environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Friendly team and cozy office (6 minutes walk from Ippodrom subway station) or
- Remote work is available
- Personal development and financial growth;
- Competitive salary (will be discussed at interview);
- Flexible working schedule: 5/2, 10-19 or 9-18;
- Paid vacation after 4 months working with us;
- Paid sick leaves;
- Corporate celebration events and fridays with pizza;
- Unlimited tea, coffee, cookies, cakes, even hookah and squirrels.
- Internationalization (I18N) and Localization (L10N) experience is a plus
- Experience with Jackrabbit or any JCR API.
- Experience with LDAP, SSO, SAML