InterSystems is seeking a dynamic pre-sales professional to become a key member of a Sales team in the Former Soviet Union countries. The Sales Engineer will have a strong technical background within integration, database and business intelligence technologies and the role will be based at our Moscow office.
- Coordinate with InterSystems' Sales team and all other departments to ensure a close, long-term relationship with our clients.
- Work closely with Architects, Software Developers and Project Managers, especially during early stages of adoption and particularly technically challenging projects to ensure successful implementations.
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer's organization to foster the adoption, use and deployment of Product technologies
- Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
- Assist with troubleshooting and interact with the World-wide Response Centre (WRC) to support resolution of technical problems.
- Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other InterSystems departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
- Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration, upgrade strategies, and operational best practices.
- Design, build and present Proofs of Concept (PoCs) in Ensemble/Cache/IRIS Data Platform to prospects and partners.
- Deliver technical presentations to prospects and customers.
- Produce collateral such as technical articles, white papers or case studies.
- Deliver standard and customized on-site training in a classroom environment.
- Install InterSystems Software and assisting with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
- Support our clients during beta test programs or pre-launch activities.
- Investigate and demonstrate the use of InterSystems Software with other 3rd party technologies as needed.
- Support marketing activities at trade shows, seminars, symposiums and industry events
- Keep up-to-date with InterSystems products and IT industry developments, especially competitive products, and undertake any relevant self-development or training
- Industry expertise to establish yourself as a trusted advisor to development and delivery managers and senior architects
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated expertise in troubleshooting
- Upper-intermediate English
- Demonstrable solution delivery experience from the standpoint of technical or architectural ownership
- Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications
- Knowledge of Software development processes and methodologies such as SCRUM, RUP, etc.
- Expertise in developing and implementing the functional specifications for application development, integration and business intelligence projects
- Demonstrated expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java
- Demonstrated expertise in 1 or more DBMSs such as Caché, DB2, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or SQL Server including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning
- Demonstrated experience in all or most of the following: XML, XSLT, XPath, XSD, SOAP, REST, JSON
- Knowledge of Service-Oriented and microservices architectures
- Demonstrated Experience with Application Integration and Business Process Management platforms
- Knowledge of some of competing application frameworks and application servers such as .Net, WebSphere, JBoss, TomCat
- Expertise with OLAP, NLP and data analysis is a definite plus
- Experience in modern web-application development ecosystem is a definite plus
- Practical exposure to DevOps is a definite plus
Education and Training
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
InterSystems is the power behind some of the world’s most important applications. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare.
Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges.