A Bit about Us
Ergeon aims to make home improvement easy. Hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to help contractors scale.
Ergeon was founded by two serial entrepreneurs and has been growing extremely fast. We assembled a world class team and have raised significant funding from top-tier investors. We are looking for top talent — join us in disrupting the $200B+ home improvement market!
Overview of the Role
Join our dynamic team of remote engineers at a fast-growing startup based in California. Through innovation and expertise, Ergeon is modernizing the highly fragmented home improvement market. Our engineers write software that makes home improvement simple and easy for customers and for the contractors who deliver the project. You'll have impact from day 1 - working on solving problems with direct impact on end users and the company's success.
Develop, test, and maintain robust, scalable, high-quality software.
Write highly organised, maintainable code.
Solve difficult problems while continuously learning and improving.
Implement security and data protection.
Design and implement storage solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
Extensive Python knowledge
Strong unit test and debugging skills
Have a working schedule that makes you available during the morning Pacific Time
Ability to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
Experience with Django framework
Comfortable working remotely
Good understanding of software architecture, especially RESTful design
Fluent English (Everyday video calls)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon AWS ( Lambdas, SNS, SQS, ECS, etc.)
- Event sourcing
- Past experience creating REST APIs.
- Management of hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Familiarity with blue-green deployments, canary releases, feature toggles and other modern deployment techniques.
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting.
- Setup and administration of backups.
- Experience working in a distributed team
- Experience with Scrum or another agile development process.
- Generous paid vacation and holidays
- Reimbursement for technology, fitness, or learning purchases
- Annual meeting with colleagues in US or EU
- Stock options in a fast growing company