Who we are:
Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for talented and experienced engineer join our team and contribute to range of products including B2C, B2B and internal applications. You will need to make sure that result application meet high-quality standards.
What you’ll do:
- Make sure solutions are built to meet high quality standards
- Work with design/product team on requirements and mapping them to technical implementation plan
- Collaborate with, learn from, and mentor teammates
- 5+ years of experience in the field
- Proven, outstanding client-side JS knowledge
- High spoken level of English is a must
- Proven experience in project architecture design
- React and Redux production experience
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Latest EcmaScript knowledge
- Functional Programming approach knowledge
- Experience with Flow/TypeScript
1. Direct impact on end product
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, and Lisbon. You will be more than welcome to join us.