Redemption Games (US, California) is looking for an enthusiastic Game/Level Designers who is eager to apply their knowledge and skills while working on a new IP.
This is an independent contractor/freelancer role that can be done from anywhere in the world on any schedule you choose.
What you will do:
- Design fun and engaging levels
- Play through and revise live levels
- Give feedback on other designers levels
- Balance and tune levels based on feedback/data
- Keep up to date on current trends in the casual gaming market
- Focus on puzzle mechanics
Who are you?
- Written English (need to give feedbacks and chat with the team in English)
- Strong understanding of casual game market
- Currently play or have played leading casual (match-3, collapse) games
- Have worked on at least one game project either alone or with a team.
- Work well in a small team, are open to constructive criticism, know how to listen and give feedback to others
- Motivated and eager to use our in-house, visual scripting tools to tackle both game and level design problems
- Good at storytelling to put content into context.
- Any technical background in programming or scripting would be very beneficial.
- Any experience with 3D world and level building tools; (eg Maya, Unity, Unreal, etc).
What makes us Unique?
We know what it takes to compete at the top of the grossing chart and we are excited about implementing the insights we have learned over the last 10 years of creating free to play games to do so once again. At Redemption Games we are open-minded about your background and experience and are more interested in your current ambition and creative capabilities. We are ready to explore your talent – send us an email with a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
$10-$15 per hour, negotiable