We are looking for a UI/UX + Web Graphic Designer to help us in our mission to reinvent online education. You will be responsible for driving the user interface and visual design of our online tutoring platform. You will be smart, entrepreneurial, and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and being part of a startup team. And of course, it goes without saying that you have great design chops, understand how to think through user journeys, and can work effectively with the product team and developers to make your vision a reality. Ultimately, you’ll be a critical part of the team that launches a game-changing educational product to the world.
Your responsibilities include gathering user requirements, analyzing user behavior and analytics, creating innovative UI solutions, designing graphic elements and building all visual components of the platform. You would work with both Technology and Marketing teams:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product manager and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Design graphic user interface elements
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems and develop solutions
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Produce all needed digital visual designs including web and email visual assets
- Refine and extend the visual brand guidelines to meet changing needs
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with proven experience, but who is ready to take the next step in their career. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools. If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that include work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of design projects
- A refined visual design aesthetic
- The ability to synthesize feedback from stakeholders and produce visual designs that meet brand standards, user needs, technical requirements, and your own good sense of taste
- Knowledge of wireframe and prototyping tools (e.g. Zeplin, Wireframe.cc, InVision, etc)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills
- Good level of English
We are a well-funded startup located in Auckland, NZ with global ambitions. This is a fantastic opportunity to put your mark on something big and to help build something from the ground up. If you feel that this would be an interesting challenge for you and you want to join a thrilling startup environment, please get in touch!