The Summing is looking for an experienced senior software engineer with experience in real time communication technologies to help build a low latency video streaming solution. In this role you will be part of a highly technical video team and building the next generation of the core networking and media communications platform.
This position is for you if you are passionate about media, streaming, or obsessed about high quality video stream and performance, and you want to participate in building the largest live-streaming platform out there. You will gain an in-depth knowledge on a highly scalable, end-to-end live video streaming platform, and be part of the technical evolution that creating a new paradigm of live broadcast.
As a media streaming engineer in this role, you will be responsible for developing features, contributing to media systems design, analysing performance, and tuning algorithms for streaming media playback. This individual should have development experience at multiple layers of the OS network stack and have experience building network delivery systems for media content.
- Care deeply about your code and couldn’t imagine writing software without TDD and Continuous Integration;
- Continual learner, forward thinking, love new ideas and have a natural curiosity to keep improving;
- Understand the value of timely releases to market, and know when not to budge on software quality;
- Development of high-load client-server applications for Streaming Media Platform.
- Knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS),DASH, RTMP, RTSP, etc;
- Working knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc;
- Experience in developing audio/video streaming servers or clients/players;
- Excellent analytical, programming (C or C++), and debugging skills and strong proficiency in multi-threaded development;
- Deep knowledge and practical experience with building software on TCP and UDP networking APIs on Linux/BSD/MacOS;
- Familiarity with CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc);
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using network analysis tools such as WireShark, etc;
- Broad scripting experience preferred (Bash);
- Strong communication and collaboration skills;
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions;
- You have an ability to stay focused and prioritise a heavy workload while achieving extraordinary quality;
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude;
- Demonstrated experience through all phases of the technology life cycle, including project planning, requirements definition, architecture design, build/configuration, testing and operational transition;
- A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude;
- Working in a collaborative, distributed environment with leading edge technology;
- Solid working knowledge of source version control software (Subversion, Git).
- Best hardware, displays, height-adjustable desks, and any other useful tools;
- Language and hard-skills courses, books, and conferences;
- Flexible working hours;
- Happy hour Thursdays, food and drinks, board games, etc.