Texel develops and manufactures solutions that enable high-precision 3D capture, measurement and analysis of human body. The company helps retailers to provide highly personalized fit score and size recommendations to shoppers, resulting in increases to net revenue, conversion rate and returns reduction.
The Director Product Management represents the “voice of the product” by setting the overall strategic vision for the product. This role is accountable for succeeding against identified metrics, managing the product’s budget and financials, and setting short and long term product goals as well as ensuring the product team is effectively working together.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set key product objectives and develop product, business, and customer strategy.
- Understand the landscape of current technology, how trends will affect the product in the future, and how to communicate with technology teams to ensure they understand the business needs and objectives.
- Coordinate across product scrums to ensure that every team has defined scope and clear objectives.
- Oversee progress against product backlogs to ensure work and priorities are in line with product strategy and goals.
- Make final decisions on any scope changes to prioritize key features.
- Collaborate with outside stakeholders to ensure that their needs are met and that the product team is getting any support it needs.
- Own business value generation and the economic cost to deliver.
- Select and manage vendors for the product.
Interface with both existing and new technologies; optimizing current solutions while building/buying proper future state solutions.
Reports to Business Development Director.
Works with counterparts throughout the Texel organization. Works with external partners including vendors.
- 5+ years of experience, including 1+ in a product strategy role
- 1+ year experience managing a team of 5+ people
- Experience creating and managing a budget
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Deep experience working in an agile environment (e.g. user stories, iterative development, etc.)
- Experience with technology and ability to facilitate communication between business and tech teams
- A comfortable office with unlimited coffee, tea, milk, as well as a ping-pong and relaxation area.
- Friendly and diverse team.
- Opportunity for professional development, training and career growth.
- Completely white and competitive wages, corresponding to the skill level of the employee.
- Salary revision based on the regular performance review.
- Comfortable schedule and working conditions.
- Stock options based on 6 month performance review.