We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us develop a social network for neighbourhoods.
We are a fast growing social business. At Good Hood GmbH we help people to feel at home in their neighbourhood again. With our platforms nebenan.de in Germany, mesvoisins.fr in France, vicinimiei.it in Italy and tienes-sal.es in Spain we enable people to connect and support each other in daily life so strangers become neighbours. We believe that by revitalising neighbourhoods and encouraging exchange, shared activities and mutual assistance among neighbours we can contribute to a positive change in society towards a more humane, sustainable and secure living environment that offers a higher quality of life for everyone.
Our current stack
- Ruby + Rails JSON API
- PostgreSQL + PostGIS
- ElasticSearch running on AWS
- You write software.
- Ruby + Rails experience is required and you should have worked on some bigger projects.
- Broad experience and exposure to many different languages and programming concepts is a big plus.
- You care about security.
- You are modest enough to listen to crazy ideas and strong enough to push back against crazy ideas.
- Bonus: you also speak German
- Bonus: you've worked as a freelancer or ran your own company at some point in your career
What we offer
- To join a small and excellent team with QA support
- Responsibility for a meaningful product that a lot of people use
- Open company culture, leadership based on competence
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation package
- A beautiful office in Kreuzberg, Berlin
- Paid trips to our Berlin office (if you want)
- Relocation to Germany after the trial period (if you want)
Join our excellent international Berlin-based team now as a Senior Backend Developer. Help us grow and create a meaningful platform for our users. Please send us your CV including your availability, residency status and links you consider relevant for us (your GitHub profile, websites you worked on, Blogs) to Ina Remmers: email@example.com
Please note, that the range specified is for a gross monthly salary.