At the Faculty of Skills, we provide a full-service solution for developing communication skills online for companies like Rabobank, University of Utrecht, Coolblue and Air France-KLM. We have our own platform which allows trainees to practice realistic situations and learn new skills. It includes web application on Ruby on Rails and mobile apps on React Native. All of them heavily rely on video and audio recordings.
As a Software Engineer, you'll join the Software Team, which is a team of 5 currently. You'll get to work on challenges like:
- Building new features and experiments like speech & emotion recognition for trainees, improving reporting, tools for remembering learning, advanced coach management, improving program personalization for trainees based on performance and preferences
- Migrating frontend to Webpacker
- Preparing Ruby on Rails upgrade to v6
- Maintaining web app and improving code quality
- Maintain and improve Ruby on Rails platform
- Maintain a high level of privacy, security and reliability
You'll join an experienced SCRUM team consisting of developers, a frontend expert and product owner. We have an informal culture and value freedom, responsibility and clear communication. Both hours and location are flexible. We're currently based in Utrecht, but people work from different locations (like Moscow). You get to work on real and tough challenges and deliver to many users every day. We have all the tools we need to deliver high-quality software (like continuous integration, gitlab, automated tests).
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Ruby 2.5
- React Native
- Cucumber, minitest
- Gitlab & CI
- And more...
- Pragmatic and ambitious
- More than 2 years of professional experience with Ruby on Rails
- High-quality standards
- Good level of English (spoken and written)
- Nice to have: ReactJS, React Native, native mobile development, video encoding, streaming services
In the application please describe the best project from your experience and your role, contribution to it.