Application Software Engineer
Netcracker Technology Corp. (an NEC company), a large software development company and leading provider of OSS/BSS Solutions (incl. Telecommunications Operations and Management Solutions), has an opening for:
Application Software Engineer
- Work as part of the development team during software development (implementation) and software maintenance (commercial operations) phases;
- Develop program code using Java, Java EE, Spring, SQL, PL/SQL;
- Investigate, diagnose and develop software defect fixes and workarounds within applications in customer’s commercial use (CRM, E-Commerce and Digital Marketplace, Service Fulfillment, Product/Offering Catalog, etc.);Follow development standards and processes (code review, unit tests, design analysis, continuous integration/development, etc.);
- Follow development standards and processes (code review, unit tests, design analysis, continuous integration/development, functional specifications, etc.);
- Participate in the cross-system issue resolution, performance issue troubleshooting and optimization (such as adjust SQL query plan);
- Interact with other development team members in scope of complex multi-development stream system implementation (provisioning, integrations, billing, etc.);
- Collaborate with other departments in regards to: application issue resolution, functionality of the Netcracker product modules, design clarification, infrastructure support, quality assurance;
- Implement and deploy software change requests and enhancements to the Applications used by customer.
- Higher technical education (graduated or in progress) ;
- Proactive, motivated to work in Customer Assurance department;
- Full project lifecycle experience: starting from ‘Implementation’ phase and continuing in ‘Post Go-Live operations’ phase;
- 1+ years of development experience using OOP, web programming;
- 1+ years of development experience using Java 8 (streams/lamda’s), Java EE, Spring;
- Expertise in Maven, REST, Linux/Unix basics;
- Development experience using SQL, PL/SQL;
- Experience in dealing with version control systems (SVN, GIT) is preferable;
- Experience in dealing with WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss is preferable;
- Communication and analytical skills, team work;
- Intermediate English (reading of technical documentation).
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge of Docker;
- Knowledge in OSS/BSS solutions, including Batch and Real Time Billing products;
- Telecommunication industry knowledge;
- Enterprise software, telecommunications or call center background;
- Knowledge/experience in the following concepts and technologies: NFV Cloud, SDN, Cassandra, Apache Ignite, Kafka, REST API, Microservices, Big Data, Machine Learning.
Improve the skill set and knowledge within the new and prospect technologies (Cloud vs. On-premise, etc.);
Opportunities for career development to work as part of telecom transformation programs, providing wide range of services, such as Application Support, Hosted of Remote Managed Services.