This role is part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization. This role is remote-based (location-agnostic but targeting Europe, Israel, or Russia).
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace over the past 7 years that delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has a consumer experience, my.whisk.com for shopping lists, saved recipes, and other planned experiences (this is where you’ll be involved). As part of recently joining Samsung NEXT, we plan to invest more heavily in the platform investing in each aspect of the network (publisher, retailer, IOT, Health, Brands, & B2C), in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
We're seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team in designing new features and products for Whisk’s B2C experiences across our web and mobile apps. Whisk has many projects in our roadmap and we have an ongoing cycle of improving and polishing our existing experiences. You’ll be involved in countless UX challenges and there are lots of pixels to push. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build amazing and innovative food experiences. Additionally, you’ll work with our sales and marketing teams to create beautiful graphics to support their activities. You will work with a globally distributed team - based in the US and Europe.
- Collaborate with designers, engineering, product management, and research to design impactful products and features.
- Own full-stack UX/UI design—from user journeys to interaction wireframes to polished UI designs to motion.
- Partner with engineering throughout implementation and QA.
- Work with and manage feedback from multiple stakeholders; provide feedback and design critiques to other designers’ work.
- Support sales and marketing teams by creating polished graphics for various purposes (website pages, presentations, blog posts, videos, etc…)
- 4+ years experience designing cross-platform for web, Android, iOS, emails, etc.
- Highly proficient in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Invision and similar tools.
- Strong product thinking and an ability to create appealing and polished designs.
- Highly refined aesthetic sense and can work within and expand the Whisk style.
- Ability to use data and feedback to iterate and optimize design solutions.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and happily welcome candid feedback as well as constructively give it.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast.
- Experience in B2C food-tech is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.