This role is part of the Whisk product team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization. This role is full-time, remote-based (Europe, Israel, or Russia).
About NEXT Product
The NEXT Product organization is a hyper-growth startup within Samsung NEXT. We’re a globally distributed product development team in search of builders and creators to help conceive, grow and scale new products and categories.
Successful candidates, at all levels within the organization, will: approach all things team-first, take ownership and “be the change you seek”, have strong written and verbal communication skills, have high EQ, enjoy fast-paced, outcome-driven environments and be inspired to learn and explore daily both inside and outside of your field of expertise.
Whisk’s mission is to empower people to live happier lives through food. Over the last 7 years, Whisk has built a multi-sided marketplace that connects and delivers value to each member of the network such as Publishers, Retailers, IOT & Health, and Brands. Whisk also has consumer experiences: voice, mobile and web apps (my.whisk.com) for shopping lists, saved recipes, and more planned experiences.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us. Once or twice a year we hold a company meetup: we decide on location and spend a week working and exploring together. We’ve previously been to Budapest, Prague, Madrid, and Lisbon. Learn more: https://whisk.com/working-at-whisk
We're seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our team full-time designing new features and products for Whisk’s B2C experiences across our web and mobile apps. Whisk has many projects in our roadmap and we have an ongoing cycle of improving and polishing our existing experiences. You’ll be involved in countless UX challenges and there are lots of pixels to push. You’ll use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, and visual design to build amazing and innovative food experiences. Additionally, you’ll work with our sales and marketing teams to create beautiful graphics to support their activities. You will work with a globally distributed team - based in the US and Europe.
- Collaborate with designers, engineering, product management, and research to design impactful products and features.
- Own the design process, problem, and solution - from wireframing and storyboarding to interface design, motion design and specification writing.
- Partner with product and engineering throughout implementation and QA.
- Work with and manage feedback from multiple stakeholders; provide feedback and design critiques to other designers’ work.
- Support sales and marketing teams by creating polished graphics for various purposes (website pages, presentations, blog posts, videos, etc…)
- 4+ years experience designing cross-platform for Web, Android, iOS, Email, etc.
- Strong ability to propose thoughtful, user-centered ideas and the ability to iterate and refine those ideas into solid solutions.
- Strong ability to synthesize and present your work.
- Highly refined aesthetic sense and solid understanding of UI/UX/motion in digital products and services.
- Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally and thrive in fast paced environments with quick feedback loops.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Happily welcome candid feedback and ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to others.
- Highly proficient in Sketch, Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Invision and similar tools.
- Ability to use data and feedback to iterate and optimize design solutions.
- Experience in B2C food-tech is a plus.
Samsung is an EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer. We welcome and encourage diversity as we strive to create an inclusive workplace.
- Strong English skills (written and verbal)