Whisk is a fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with the great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We are looking for a Scala developer for our distributed team. We provide the opportunity to work in the big world famous company and which meanwhile preserving the spirit and freedom of the startup.
You will be developing and supporting multiple projects in the food domain. Our core system is a complex entity graph consisting of recipes, products, allergies, nutrients, retailer products, etc. We expect you will be involved in all stages of development from designing solution until deploying artifacts on production.
Since our team is fully distributed, it is important for us that you can organize yourself and are not afraid to communicate with other team members.
We are ready to share our knowledge and we are ready to learn something new from you. We are an open-minded team and not afraid to try new technologies if it can move us forward.
- Scala developer with experience from 2 years
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience in development of REST API web-services
- Good level of English.
- Understanding of Docker
- It’s a plus if you’re familiar with:
- Twitter Finagle framework
- Have experience with functional libraries e.g. cats-effect or ZIO
- Have experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, ElasticSearch)
What we offer:
- Full-time workload
- Remote work
- Long-term project
- Possible business trips to Birmingham, UK and Tel-Aviv, Israel offices
- Competitive salary based on your skills