We're a growing company from Helsinki (Finland) that helps online stores by automating the discovery and embedding of product videos.
We're looking for a skilled backend developer on Ruby and NodeJS who would like to work remotely for an international company that gives developers freedom, respect, flexible hours and a salary in EUR. We place great value on work/life balance. Our dev team speaks Russian and also works remotely, so you will not be left alone.
We have a high-loaded Node.js service hosted in the cloud, Angular & Ember apps for customers and our own needs, and databases with Terabytes of data. And we're planning to develop some new parts of the system using Rails, NodeJS, PostgreSQL and AWS services.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Building analytics that processes billions of events and makes customers say "Wow, cool!".
- Developing a video hosting solution.
- Developing high-loaded API service that provides users with Videoly widget and video content.
- Solving hard problems in such areas as search technologies, analytics and performance optimizations.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby, NodeJS, PostgresSQL, MongoDB and distributed systems.
- Solid understanding of Ruby and NodeJS ecosystems, and web technologies in general.
- Good understanding of enterprise applications design patterns and ability to apply those.
- Good understanding of how to profile the code, find bottlenecks in database performance, and how to design great API.
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of some parts of the system.
- Ability to write and understand in English; fluency is a huge plus.
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn a lot in a short time (i.e., can you handle the guaranteed high demands on your brainpower?).
- A great team player who is able to share their work with their teammates and solve big problems in cooperation.
- Good analytical skills, ability to make truthful conclusions on problems and their causes.
Would Be Neat If You
- Know some of AWS stack, ElasticSearch, Spark - that's a huge plus, please mention that.
- Know how to process data in streams and batches, how to analyze data.
- Mobile phone benefit and paid home internet connection.
- Costs of professional books related to work.
- Costs related to visiting conferences and professional events.
- Partial compensation of English language courses costs (60%).
- Flexible hours - you choose when to work and from where.
- Friendly environment, where you will learn English eventually :)
Please do not apply if you:
- Want to be left alone to code forever.
- Like to use obscene language at work.
- Would rather polish the code instead of releasing the solution.