We are looking for a Development Engineer for our Lustre Solutions team which focuses on creating storage solutions for the most data-intensive workloads. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, implementing, and shipping software using modern development tooling and practices. Focus on High performance Storage and AI workloads.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Design and develop new features, and maintain existing features in a full-stack environment.
- Work with the Engineering manager and a geographically distributed team to understand product requirements and features
- Contribute to and validate product documentation
- Excellent English
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree/experience.
- 5+ years of experience working in Linux environments with Python, Rust, Bash scripting.
- Strong team player with good communication skills and should be self-starter
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience working with a statically typed functional language (Rust, Haskell, F#, Elm, OCaml) or willingness to learn
- 3+ years of experience working with enterprise-class or HPC storage systems and/or distributed systems.
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, Gerrit, Git, Github, and Travis CI
- Knowledge of Parallel File Systems, in particular Lustre
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self Starter - Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation - Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving - Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative - Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.