Whisk is fast-growing company with the objective to "understand" food (recipes, products) and user preferences in order to provide intelligent insights and recommendations. Over several years we have been building knowledge and technology in that area, with great help of Machine Learning.
We are globally distributed and our team lives across the world in different locations – we all work together remotely. Living in a place that makes us happy is important to us.
We recently joined Samsung NEXT - the innovation division of Samsung, which allows us to accelerate our development and hire new talented people
We look for talented and experienced engineer join our team and contribute to range of products including B2C, B2B and internal applications. You will need to make sure that result application meet high-quality standards.
- 5+ more years of software quality assurance experience
- Three or more years of experience programming test automation scripts in Python, Java, Swift, Kotlin or similar programming language
- Experience with software lifecycle tools such as Jira/YouTrack, Jenkins/Circle-CI/Bamboo, etc
- Working knowledge of testing methodologies, including test case design, test scripting, defect analysis, defect reporting, and defect tracking
- Working knowledge of programming best practices: refactoring, code optimization, re-use, etc
- Understanding of product development lifecycles and iterative development methods with a commitment to quality and excellence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate and document testing plans and results
- Strong sense of ownership and self-sufficiency
- Perform functional, regression, integration, and system testing of web and mobile apps
- Design, write, execute, and maintain automated test cases
- Serve as the right hand to the Head of QA, contributing to the design and improvement of the automation testing framework; offering insights and recommendations to inform decisions made regarding automation tools
- Collaborate with stakeholders (business analysts, developers, product owners, quants, end-users, and others) to understand business requirements and stakeholders’ needs
- Analyze system logs, configurations and other system data using common technology tools for test confirmation and defect analysis
- Responsible for bug management process and issue identification and tracking (bug advocacy)
What we offer:
- Full-time workload
- Remote work
- Long-term project
- Possible business trips to Birmingham, UK and Tel-Aviv, Israel offices
- Competitive salary based on your skills
We encourage people to get energy and motivation from end product, which is a result of their work, rather than beauty and shortness of code.
2. English language
Practice shows that you will inevitably improve your level of English by working with us and using it in (nearly) all internal communication.
3. Working with modern technology
We love all modern tech. ...As long as it keeps productive and easy enough for onboard new people.
4. Awareness of company strategy
All employees are free to join to our roadmap meeting and speak freely, which makes everybody aware about how their work contributes to company success.
5. Zero bureaucracy
It is in everybody's interest to reduce time from good ideas and interesting project to the point when we launch them. That's why we optimised our flows for efficient collaboration between departments: business, design, tech.
6. Company retreats
Once or twice a year we decide on location where we gonna go as a team and spend week working and exploring new places together. We had great experience in Budapest, Prague, Madrid, and Lisbon. You will be more than welcome to join us.
Please, make sure your profile information (Moikrug or LinkedIn) is up to date and cover letter is appreciated