Inkitt is the world's first reader-powered publisher. We are developing an algorithm for forecasting new bestsellers based on an analysis of reader behavior. 3 years have passed since the launch of the platform, and currently, it amounts to 1.6 million users and is growing rapidly.
Did you know that Twilight was rejected by 14 publishers? Stephen King's first book by 30 publishers, and Harry Potter by 12 publishers? Also, Harry Potter was only published because the 8-year-old daughter of the 13th publisher found the manuscript, read it, and fell in love with it?
At Inkitt, we believe that every author should have an equal chance of success. Therefore, we are building the most honest and objective publishing house in the world, we find hidden talents and turn them into successful authors of a global scale.
We want you to become part of our path of building the Disney of the 21st century! Together we will overcome all future challenges and offer you an amazing opportunity to join our Development team.
Our Tech Stack:
- On mobile, we use React Native with Redux / Saga & Realm
- On the backend we have Rails application running in Google Cloud and couple microservices on GoLang
Requirements for a candidate:
- Good knowledge of English. The main communication language in the company is English, however, all the development team is Russian-speaking
- 5+ years of experience with Ruby / Ruby on Rails
- Strong skills in SQL
- Experience with Redshift / Redis / Elasticsearch
- Golang is a plus
What you will be working on:
- Help architect, build, iterate and manage our backend for our global mobile application - Inkitt(you can find it in iOS / Google Play store), which has now more than 1.6MM registered users and help it grow to 100MM
- You will work in a cross-functional team in an agile environment
- You will be able to contribute your own ideas to the product's roadmap
- Join our mission to build the Disney of the 21st century
- Become part of a highly motivated and international team backed by top VCs
- A high degree of responsibility, autonomy, and impact in a rapid environment with flat hierarchies
- Business trips to the Inkitt office in Berlin every 3 months
- Completely remote work