InsightWhale is a fully remote team of professionals helping businesses worldwide become data-driven. We provide Digital Analytics, Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) and Business Intelligence services. Our clients are small and medium-sized enterprises in the US, Canada, Australia and some other countries.
We are looking for a front-end developer who wants to try something new in his career and become a data scientist.
Initially tasks on this position will be setting up and troubleshooting setup of different digital analytics, data visualization, A/B testing and business intelligence platforms. Here is a rough list: Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Firebase, Amplitude, MixPanel, AppsFlyer, Visual Website Optimizer, PowerBI, Tableau, Google Data Studio.
Later there is a possibility to do more data analysis and machine learning work.
- Experience in front-end development of at least 2 years.
- Great knowledge of HTML, JS, jQuery, AngularJS (and other similar frameworks).
- Experience or knowledge of SQL will be an advantage.
- At least basic knowledge of PHP.
- Good level of written and spoken English (we also provide free classes with a professional English teacher for our team members).
- Experience the tools listed above (Google Analytics, etc.) is an advantage, but not a requirement. We are happy to help you learn on the way.
Your duties will include:
- Setting up of different digital analytics, data visualization and A/B testing platforms, listed above.
- Creating codes (mostly, JS), required for setups of the above mentioned tools, and implementing these codes.
- Troubleshooting setups of the same tools, made by people.
- Troubleshooting data inconsistencies and discrepancies between different tools.
- Documenting setups of the tools.
- Participating in team project calls to discuss the status and brainstorm solutions.
- Occasionally participating in the calls with clients as an expert to provide technical details of solutions.
- Full-time job with flexible working schedule.
- Part-time probation period.
- Competitive salary.
- Unique opportunity to master The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century (https://hbr.org/2012/10/data-scientist-the-sexiest-job-of-the-21st-century) on practice.
If you are interested, please apply describing your relevant experience and description of why you liked this position and why you think you are a great candidate for it.